We’ve made it. It’s finally Spring Break for UGA and I couldn’t be happier.
While Spring Break brings about #FriendshipGoals #TravelGoals and #NewMemories, it is also a time to reevaluate and readjust.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m celebrating my Junior Year Spring Break by road-tripping to Hilton Head and Savannah with friends. As boring to some as this may sound, we actually realized how much planning we had to do for this.
- Making sure that everyone had the money
- As much as you love your friends, sometimes you get the boot because you can’t pay for the trip. While this is a bummer, it is a constant reality about all trips. You gotta have the finances
- How are we getting there?
- Lucky, my parents love me enough to let me drive my car down to HH, but you gotta realize that you have to maintenance on a vehicle for road trips. So next time you think about anywhere, think about that (next year, we are flying to our destination).
- What is there to do?
- Lucky, the people I’m going with want to eat, so this is basically a time to stroll down River St with some good food in our stomachs. Global warming may let us in the beach, but hey, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
So now that we got spring break plans out the way, what else does spring break mean?
- Catch up on sleep.
- I work for my University so I get to sleep in as long as my body will let me, without having to worry if I missed class or not.
- Evaluate midterm grades and assignments and possibly do the work
- Now most people would argue that they aren’t going to touch homework, but the real struggle is getting back into the groove after the break. I did some assignments before I came home and started some of the lengthier assignments so it’s not all hitting me that first week back.
- Reevaluate my personal life.
- Midterms came and took over life, but the damage from the storm allow for the opportunity to look at what really adds to your value and what is taking away from your goals.
- Go Back and Give Back
- Breaks are for seeing your people from home, right? Even more, break is the perfect opportunity to give back. Whether it’s volunteering at your high school or going to your favorite community shelter, a little charity never hurt nobody.
- Spring cleaning!
- Probably my favorite thing about spring break is the ability to spring clean (and purchase!) Although Georgia has been trying to get the last bit of winter in, stores are starting to stock up on new fashions. For me, I started with some things in the winter and will continue to build my wardrobe until it’s what I want.
I know it’s easy to get caught up in the comparisons of trips, but remember: spring break shouldn’t be stressful. You should honeslty be realigning yourself to do great. So if that means watching hours of Hulu, running outside (don’t die of hypothermia, people) or just sipping coffee everyday at the local coffee shop, do you because you are worth it!
Happy Spring Break 2018!